Thu, 08 Jun|
Botanical printing onto paper
Printing with nature. Harness the naturally forming compounds in leaves and flowers and transfer their form to print.
Time & Location
08 Jun, 19:00 – 20:30
About the Event
Sign up to iPrintedThat's PRINT CLUB and save £6.50 on this workshop.
There's no joining fee and you'll be sent a code via email today. Click here to find out more.
Botanical printing, eco dyeing, eco printing...call it what you will, in this session you’ll learn how to harness the naturally forming compounds in leaves and flowers and transfer their form to print. It’s experimental and varies from plant to plant but the results can be stunning.
You can join in and print along or log on, watch and take notes to print in your own time.
Here's what you'll need:
• 20 sheets of paper - watercolour paper or thick paper 150gsm works best
• 2 cups of brown or white vinegar
• A spray bottle filled with water and 1tbsp of vinegar
• Botanicals (a mixture of the following)
Red, white or brown onion skins (the papery bit)
Rose leaves and petals (dark in colour)
Maple tree leaves
Interesting shaped leaves
• A rusty tin can (whole)
• A rusty tin can (flattened)
• Optional - a few rusty metal objects eg. nails, springs, old iron pieces etc
• Strong cardboard or thin wood slightly larger in size than your pieces of paper
• A ball of string or 4 x large bull dog clips
• An old saucepan that you no longer use for cooking, large enough to hold your paper and cardboard/wood
• A container of cold water larger in size than your paper and cardboard/wood
• Tongs for taking your paper and cardboard/wood out of the saucepan
Your Zoom invite will be available 48 hours before the workshop and you'll get a reminder email with all the details of how and when to join.
Please note that tickets are non-refundable. The workshop is delivered over Zoom. Please make sure that you have Zoom downloaded on your laptop / PC / tablet / phone prior to booking. A recording will be sent to you withen 24 hours of the workshop ending and will be available for 60 days to watch in your own time.
Zoom workshop and 60 days recording access£21.50Sold Out
This event is sold out