Sat, 06 Feb|
Screen printing, pop art and Andy Warhol
Be inspired by some of Andy Warhol's most famous prints and learn how to screen print at home using some very basic equipment.
Time & Location
06 Feb 2021, 14:00 – 16:00
About the Event
*SAVE 30% ON THIS WORKSHOP!*
To find out more and sign up click here: PRINT CLUB
About this Event
Andy Warhol is well known for turning images of everyday objects into screen prints, layering arbitrary colours and repeating them until the object is almost unrecognisable. He once referred to his process as machine-like and you’ll experience the compelling nature of printmaking in this online workshop with Rachel Moore from iPrintedThat.
Using a very basic screen printing technique, which doesn’t require professional equipment, you’ll work through a series of exercises experimenting with shape, colour and repeats. Your prints will be inspired from images selected and shown to you by Rachel and also from your own everyday still life.
You can follow along with this workshop using screen printing equipment if you have it, but if you don’t then Rachel will be showing you how to use the following items, please make sure you have them with you for the workshop:
- An embroidery hoop
- A pair of light-coloured tights (30 denier or below)
- An old credit card / store card or similar
- A bucket of warm water or, if you can, work near to a sink
You will also need:
- Pen and / or pencil
- Plain newsprint (like the paper that you get your fish and chips wrapped in!) but if you can't get hold of that then newspaper, glossy magazine paper or greaseproof paper is fine.
- Acrylic paint in various colours
- Plain light-coloured fabric, paper or card to print onto - you can use coloured paper or you can paint/colour your paper prior to the workshop
- Scissors and / or a craft knife. If using a knife you’ll also need a cutting board
- One or two pieces of everyday still life eg. cutlery, crockery, cleaning products, tinned goods, fruit, vegetables, flowers and foliage in a vase - whatever you have available
- An apple. Be ready to cut it up for one of the exercises!
The workshop is delivered over Zoom. Please make sure that you have Zoom downloaded on your laptop / PC / tablet / phone prior to booking.
Screen printing Andy Warhol
Pop-art and Andy Warhol